Keymer & Hassocks Football Club. Playing Football in Hassocks at Adastra Park since 2003

28th September 2013
Keymer & Hassocks vs Framfield
Div 1

A big test for K & H l reeling as they were from the loss of one of the giants of the Club-Duncan O’Reilly who had decided to test himself rather surprisingly not at a higher level but one 10 divisions below

K & H found themselves facing Framfield & Blackboys for a second time in a month but their opponents bore scant comparison to the side they fielded in  the first fixture of the season

F & B were soon on the offensive as K & H struggled to perform without the towering presence of O’Reilly in the side.They had  good off the ball  and speed down the flanks which caused pressure on the K & H defence as tried to sort themselves out.They soon had a nasty shock when a cross from the right found one of the F & B frontmen who struck his shot powerfully only to see it cannon back off the post.The shock seemed to galvanise the home side and they  started to settle making their own forays into the F & B half although they failed to create any clear cut chances with the visitors big centre back in dominant form

F & B clearly fancied their chances in the second half and pushed up applying pressure but K & H seemed capable of soaking up anything thrown at them under the direction of Troy Raftery.They also now started to fashion some chances of their own such that they took the lead with a move involving Lewis Taylor,James Brown and finished off by Peter Williamson. F & B continued to push but more chances came K & H’s way as James Brown found himself one on one with the keeper and should have done better.Lewis Taylor tried a lob from 30 yards which did not miss by much with the keeper nowhere, and finally Brown hit a free kick just over after Taylor had been bought down when seemingly clean through

F & B dominated the last ten minutes having a penalty shout turned aside,hitting the crossbar and then just failing to connect with a cross at the far post so K & H were very happy to hear the final whistle

MOM went to defender Jon Ruffle who was influential throughout before coming off exhausted after 70 minutes

Established 2003

© 2024 Trigger Solutions